You have the right to inspect and obtain copies of public records that are not exempt from disclosure. You may request records using the online form below.
The Kansas Open Records Act does not require the Commission to prepare a report or create a record at your request.
We will act on your request for public records by the end of the third business day after we receive your written request. If it takes longer than three business days, we will notify you. Acceptable reasons for taking additional time include the need to maintain normal and necessary department activities, voluminous records, complicated request parameters, unresolved legal issues, or difficulty accessing archived public records.
Your request may be denied in whole or in part. If it is denied, we will identify generally the records denied and the specific legal authority for the denial.
- Statutes, Regulations, Policies
- Minutes and documents cited in open, public meetings
- Salaries and basic information about public employees
- Budget Information
- Licensing Data
Some records may contain private, privileged or confidential information. Exceptions to the Kansas Open Records Act may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Certain personnel information
- Records protected by the attorney-client privilege or an attorney work product
- Notes and preliminary drafts
- Correspondence between a private individual and a government agency
- Records related to matters in which administrative or civil litigation is pending, if records were compiled in the process of detecting or investigating the violations involved.
A detailed list of exemptions to the Kansas Open Records Act can be found in K.S.A. 45-221(a)
If you are requesting records on your own behalf:
Authorized Agent of/for (if requesting records pursuant to K.S.A. 45-220)
I do hereby certify that:
1) I will not use the list of names and addresses contained in or derived from the requested public record for the purpose of selling or offering for sale any property or service to any person or firm who resides at any address listed; or
2) I shall not sell, give or otherwise make available to any person or firm any list of names and addresses contained in or derived from the requested public records or information for the purpose of allowing that person or firm to sell or offer for sale any property or service to any person or firm who resides at any address listed.
I understand that I will be contacted with an estimate of the total cost of this information and my request will be generated upon the Commission's receipt of payment of the total cost.